Personalize your online experienceSign Into My Dashboard

Go To Search
Click to Home
Your GovernmentOur ResidentsFor VisitorsDoing BusinessHow Do I
Plumbing & Mechanical
Important Note
All plumbing and mechanical work associated with a building permit (including tenant improvements) is permitted as a component of the building permit. A separate permit will not be issued. The only exception are backflow devices, which require an over-the-counter permit. If you are a subcontractor, please contact the general contractor or project manager to verify the proper plans were reviewed and approved for your portion of the work. All inspections may be requested at

Simple Plumbing and Mechanical Permits is our primary method for accepting, reviewing and issuing plumbing and mechanical permits. Features of the site include:
  • Simple over-the-counter permits which require no review may be applied, paid and issued online
  • Upload electronic plans (PDF) with your application for any permits which require review
  • Securely pay for fees with a credit card

Alternatively, you may apply in person at our Permit Center with the General Permit Application Form. Only cash or check is accepted in the Permit Center.

Mechanical Rooftop Units
Commercial rooftop units require plan review. Please submit:
  • 1 General Permit Application Form (or apply online at
  • 2 copies the plan set (see below for requirements)
  • 1 copy of equipment specs
  • 1 copy of structural (sliding, overturning and gravity) calculations if the unit weighs more than 400 pounds

Plan Set Requirements:
  • Cover sheet including vicinity map
  • Rooftop plan showing location of units and screening
  • Curb and connection details

Generators - Residential
Residential generators require plan review. Please see our Submittal Requirements for Residential Generators for required documentation.

Site plan may be submitted online at or in person along with:

Backflow Devices
Backflow devices must be issued as a separate permit. You may apply and pay via credit card for your permit at Alternatively, you may apply in person. Please submit: