Personalize your online experienceSign Into My Dashboard

Go To Search
Click to Home
Your GovernmentOur ResidentsFor VisitorsDoing BusinessHow Do I
Filing a Claim
Submitting a Claim for Damages
If you have been injured or your property has been damaged and you believe the City of Issaquah may have a responsibility to you, you must file a Claim for Damages Form in order for the city to determine its level of responsibility to you, the claimant.

Obtaining a Form
A Claim for Damages Form can be obtained online, by calling the risk management officer at 425-837-3002, or in person at City Hall (130 East Sunset Way, Second Floor). This form must be completed, signed and filed with the city to be valid.

Submitting a Claim for Damages does not guarantee payment by the city or its insurance carriers. A claims adjuster will investigate the incident to determine whether the city has any liability according to applicable laws.

If the City is Responsible

If it is determined that the city has a responsibility to you, the amount of the claim payment is based on the level of city liability, the level of your liability (if any), and the depreciated value (not replacement value) of the property damaged.

Claims Adjuster
You may be contacted by a claims adjuster from either Washington Cities Insurance Authority (WCIA) or Evergreen Adjustment Services who will conduct the investigation into your damage claim, depending on the type of claim. This investigation will be conducted as expeditiously as possible.

If you have contacted the city in an emergency, public works crew or other city employees may assist you as a public service. This assistance does not constitute an admission of liability on the part of the city.

Please contact the Risk Management Office at 425-837-3002 if you have specific questions regarding the claims process.