Firearm Licenses


Following Public Health - Seattle & King County’s updated recommendations to help protect our communities, the City of Issaquah is modifying some operations. 

Fingerprinting and original Concealed Pistol License applications are currently not being accepted. If your CPL is expiring soon, please contact us at

How Do I Apply For A Concealed Pistol License?

Applicants must be 21 years old and either reside in the city limits of Issaquah or be a non-resident of the State of Washington. A valid state driver license or ID is required (if you are a permanent resident alien or have an alien firearms license, please see below).


  • If applicable, bring your original certificate of rehabilitation or firearms restoration orders.
  • If you are a permanent resident alien, bring your permanent resident card.
  • If you have an alien firearms license, bring your original passport and US-issued alien number or admission number.

License fees are due upon application and are non-refundable. Fees are listed below and can be paid by cash (exact change only) or a check made payable to the City of Issaquah:

  • New License $48
  • Renewal $32 (within 90 days, prior to expiration)
  • Late Renewal $42 (within 90 days, after expiration)
  • Replacement $10 (lost or stolen)

Fingerprints are required for new licenses, and are processed from 9-10 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Applications, which are available from the Records Division, must be completed for all new, renewal, late renewal or replacement licenses.

Licenses are valid for five years from the date of issue.

Firearms Dealer Licenses

Applications for firearms dealer licenses are accepted during normal business hours. One set of fingerprints are required for the dealer (fingerprints are processed from 9 to 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays). Dealers must be 21 years old and present the following:

  • Washington driver license or identification card
  • Current federal firearms license
  • Current state business license
  • Current Issaquah business registration license

Dealer licenses are valid for one year from the date of issuance, and normally take two weeks to process. The fee of $125 is collected upon issuance, not upon application. Checks are to be made out to WA STATE TREASURER. 

Alien Firearm Licenses

Alien firearm licenses are processed by the King County Sheriff's Office.

If You Are A Gun Dealer

Send weapon transfers for our jurisdiction to or fax 425-837-3209.

Learn More About Firearms Licensing

Learn more about permits and licensing from the Washington State Department of Licensing.