Water Leak Adjustment
Have you noticed that your water bill has suddenly doubled in size? You may have a leak.
The City offers a one-time leak adjustment to your bill if you qualify. Qualification criteria and instructions on how to apply for the leak adjustment is detailed below.
Criteria for One-Time Leak Adjustment
Water service leak repair responsibility is defined by the service line. City responsibility ends where private service line begins.
The following criteria shall apply if a leak has been repaired on private property and served by the City of Issaquah water system:
- To be eligible for a leak adjustment, the home cannot be covered by Builder Warranty. Proof of expired warranty may be required.
- There is a two-billing-period maximum adjustment.
- The following information shall be provided:
- The approximate date the leak began. Utility Billing may be able to help you if the answer is not immediately known;
- The date the leak was permanently fixed;
- A copy of the invoice for work completed or a copy of the receipt(s) for replacement part(s);
- Pictures may be submitted in lieu of receipt if parts are already owned;
- Your contact information.
- A leak adjustment is subject to approval from Public Work Operations Manager and/or Deputy Finance Director.
- Leak adjustments are a onetime courtesy, therefore the repair must be permanent.
- If approved, the City will adjust the account using the monthly water use average, less the wholesale cost of the water used.
How to Submit a Leak Adjustment Request
City of Issaquah
Attn: Utility Billing
PO Box 1307
Issaquah WA 98027
Please contact Utility Billing staff at 425-837-3070 or by email with any questions regarding the leak adjustment process.