Issaquah Business Survey
The Business Survey is conducted every four years to better understand the business climate and how to best help businesses operate and grow in Issaquah.
In 2020, the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has deeply impacted our community and our local economy. It’s even more important to hear from our businesses and nonprofits to help guide city policies during this crisis and over the course of the next several years. Please complete the survey by Oct. 30 for your feedback to be included.
If you have any questions about the survey, about the city’s work or need assistance in your response and recovery efforts, please contact our Economic Development staff.
Past Business Survey Results
In 2016, of the 2,500 businesses surveyed, more than 332 responded. In addition, 20 businesses participated in longer, in-person interviews.
Overall, 84 percent of businesses surveyed said that Issaquah was a "good" or "excellent" place to do business, up more than 10 points from 2012.
Key points from the survey include:
- Traffic and transportation are major challenges.
- Businesses want visibility and more parking options.
- Businesses are looking to expand, but are having a difficult time finding space.
- Profits are rising, and the majority of businesses are looking to hire.
- Issaquah employers rank housing affordability as the No. 1 issue to recruit and retain employees.
- Issaquah's natural beauty and quality of life are key business assets.
View our City Council presentation and final report.
The 2016 Survey results were shared with the business community, including the Greater Issaquah Chamber of Commerce and the Downtown Issaquah Association as well as the Economic Vitality Commission.
The City's Economic Development team shaped work plans and programs from this information as well as on-going business visits to remain responsive and to encourage a thriving, robust business community.
2012 Business Survey
Issaquah conducted its first business community survey in 2012.
View the 2012 survey report and presentation.