The Executive Department includes the mayor, city administrator, deputy city administrator and several specialized staff.
Issaquah operates under the mayor-council form of government. In this form, the elected mayor serves as the city's chief administrative officer. Under the direction of the mayor, the administrators:
- Carry out policies established by the City Council
- Provide leadership to all city departments
- Lead implementation of citywide Strategic Plan
- Lead interdepartmental planning efforts
- Work collaboratively with regional partners
This office also includes several specialized positions that oversee public communications, arts and special projects.