Workforce & Education
Issaquah is the place to live and learn.
People live in Issaquah because of the location – ease of access within the region and surrounded by mountains and lakes. Housing choices range from dense, urban neighborhoods to multi-acre homes. No matter where you live, residents take pride in our historic Downtown and the active lifestyle that Issaquah has to offer.
Issaquah’s workforce is supported by an innovative educational system – from award winning K-12 schools to access to over 25 community and technical colleges and research institutions within 20 miles. Over 61% of our residents hold a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher. Learn more about the region’s support of workforce training programs through the Workforce Development Council of Seattle – King County.
The foundation of learning begins at the K-12 schools that boasts a 96% graduation rate. From college prep to career and technical education, the Issaquah School District creates a direct link between the classroom and the quality of our future-to form a unique and remarkable learning community in Issaquah.
The schools have strong advocates in the Issaquah Schools Foundation that helps connect businesses and communities to the schools to help all students achieve the promise of their academic potential and the Greater Issaquah Chamber of Commerce that proactively addresses workforce needs of Issaquah businesses.
Looking for Employees?
The City supports businesses finding the right employees through job fairs and other programs.
Finding the right employees may seem challenging, but here are some job boards that will connect you directly with job seekers.
- WorkSource Seattle-King County
- Bellevue College
- Renton Technical College
- Lake Washington Institute of Technology
- Central Washington University – Sammamish Campus
- University of Washington
- Issaquah School District High Schools (for jobs and internships 18 years and under)
The City and other agencies invest in supportive employment programs that might be a great fit for your business.
- Hopelink supports job seekers with career coaching and job readiness classes. Employers are invited to share job postings with their job coach team via HEP@hopelink.org.
- AtWork! is a supported employment agency, supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) to get good jobs, increase community connection, and successfully transition to life after high school. Share job openings via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IKRON provides job supportive services with behavioral health services. Share job openings via email@example.com.
Looking for Employment?
Job search can be challenging. The City invests in employment assistance such as resume review, interview preparation, and job readiness classes. Find the program that best fits your needs.
Ready to search for a job in Issaquah?
- Attend the annual Issaquah Job Fair.