Mary Lou Pauly, Mayor
Mayor Mary Lou Pauly moved to Issaquah in 1993 with her family and resided on Squak Mountain (in The Woods neighborhood) until 2017. She now resides in the Olde Town neighborhood with her husband.
Trained as a civil engineer, Mayor Pauly spent her early career in Public Works Engineering and later on as an environmental consultant.
Mayor Pauly served on the City’s Development Commission from 1994 until her election to Council in 2013. She was then elected to the Mayor’s position in 2017, and re-elected in 2021.
Mayor Pauly believes that all elected officials are servant leaders for the community they represent. As electeds, it is most important that we connect with our community, work to understand the values, goals and priorities of this special community, and reflect that in all the work that we do. The community should be able to see their fingerprints on the work that the elected body does on their behalf. A big piece of connecting is being available to the community and the Mayor puts a high priority on meeting with community members and attending events and activities.
Mayor Pauly and her family have taken complete advantage of all the wonderful outdoor opportunities available in this amazing west coast environment, and enjoy soccer, sailing, hiking, skiing and biking.
Connect with Mayor Pauly
- Subscribe to Mayor’s newsletter
- Read past issues of Mayor’s newsletter
- Request a meeting/event attendance
Learn more about what’s happening in our community via the Mayor’s reports, which are delivered twice a month at City Council meetings.
To view past reports from the Mayor, visit our YouTube channel.
- Sound Cities Association (SCA) Legislative Committee: 2020
- Sound Cities Association (SCA) Board of Directors: 2020
- Puget Sound Regional Council (PSRC) – Member Representative for City: 2018–present
- PSRC Executive Board: 2020
- PSRC Transportation Policy Board (Sound City’s Association Representative): 2018–present
- PSRC Growth Management Policy Board: 2014-2016
- King Conservation District Advisory Board: 2014
- King County Cities for Climate Collaboration: 2016–present
- Mountains to Sound Greenway Advisory Board: 2018–present
- Eastside Fire & Rescue Board: 2014–2019
- Cascade Water Alliance Board: 2015–present
- Southeast Alliance Transportation Coalition: 2018-present
- Environment Committee, US Conference of Mayors: 2020
- Friends of Issaquah Salmon Hatchery: 2014-present
- Issaquah Alps Trail Club Advisory Board: 2019-present