Park System Plan Update
2024 Park System Update
As our community evolves and needs change, so too does our vision for future investments in Issaquah’s parks, trails, and open space. The City of Issaquah is currently drafting a 2024 Park System Plan Update to our current Park Strategic Plan. This update will inform strategic projects, goals and policies through the community’s vision and engagement. The updated plan strives towards a systematic approach to park planning that enriches the overall quality of parks, trails, and open spaces and raises their recreational value.
The process involves:
- Assessing the City’s park, trails, and open space inventory
- Developing metrics for evaluating performance
- Calculating level of service
- Updating the list of capital improvement projects
- Aligning the plan with current city initiatives
Your Parks, Your Future.
Share your ideas for Issaquah’s parks, trails, and open space. A survey is open now through early November 2023.
Your feedback ensures that ongoing and future projects reflect the community’s aspirations for a vibrant, welcoming, and connected parks and recreation system.
The City hosted three focus group discussions over the summer on Arts, Culture, History & Community Partnerships, Trails & Open Space and Athletic Fields. These small group conversations offered the opportunity to hone in on larger community trends and opportunities for the future.
- May 17, 2023: Meeting #1: Park Board Ad-Hoc Committee on Park Strategic Plan
- July 25, 2023: 2024 Park System Plan Update Focus Group – Athletic Fields
- July 26, 2023: 2024 Park System Plan Update Focus Group – Community Partners
- July 27, 2023: 2024 Park System Plan Update Focus Group – Trails & Open Space
- Oct. 12, 2023: Meeting #2: Park Board Ad-Hoc Committee on Park Strategic Plan
- Oct. 16 – Nov 6, 2023: Survey Open
- Q4 2023: Goals & Policies
- Q4 2023: Evaluation, Analysis & Trends
- Q1 2024: Plan Draft Document Creation
- Q2 2024: Plan Document Adoption