Beginning in 2021, the City of Issaquah began the process of developing a scholarship program with a renewed focus on equity and inclusion. City Council recently approved a scholarship process that removes financial barriers while increasing opportunity for Issaquah’s citizens through discounted registration fees. Qualifying families can register and pay a reduced fee of 50%, 70% or 90% for classes, camps and passes.
- Each applicant must submit an application
- Recreation scholarships are available to individuals in the following groups:
- Children, youth and adults who reside within the city limits of Issaquah AND whose families meet the income eligibility criteria; or
- Children and youth (under age 18) whose households reside within the Issaquah School District boundary AND whose families meet the income eligibility criteria
- Eligible recipients are limited to a maximum scholarship amount of $450 per participant, per calendar year
- Income eligibility will be determined based on self-reported gross annual household income. Household is defined as all person's living in the home.
- Scholarship reduced fees are not available for rentals, birthday parties, adult sport leagues, or for specialty programs where scholarships are available directly through the service providers.
- Three tiers of recreation program scholarships are available, based on need as determined by the City:
- Tier 1: 90% discount on program fees for qualifying applicants at 30% AMI or lower
- Tier 2: 70% discount on program fees for qualifying applicants at 50% AMI; or
- Tier 3: 50% discount on program fees for qualifying applicants at 80% AMI.
How to Apply
To apply, complete an application and return it to the Issaquah Parks and Community Services Department, P.O. Box 1307, Issaquah WA 98027-1307.
Applications are available:
- Online (PDF)
- At the Issaquah Community Center front desk
- Via mail by calling 425-837-3300