Beginning in 2021, the City of Issaquah began the process of developing a scholarship program with a renewed focus on equity and inclusion. City Council approved a scholarship process that removes financial barriers while increasing opportunity for Issaquah’s citizens through discounted registration fees. Qualifying families can register and pay a reduced fee of 50%, 70% or 90% for classes, camps and passes.
- Each applicant must submit an application
- Recreation scholarships are available to individuals in the following groups:
- Children, youth and adults who reside within the city limits of Issaquah AND whose families meet the income eligibility criteria; or
- Children and youth (under age 18) whose households reside within the Issaquah School District boundary AND whose families meet the income eligibility criteria
- Eligible recipients are limited to a maximum scholarship amount of $450 per participant, per calendar year
- Income eligibility will be determined based on self-reported gross annual household income. Household is defined as all persons living in the home.
- Scholarship reduced fees are not available for rentals, birthday parties, adult sport leagues or for specialty programs where scholarships are available directly through the service providers.
- Three tiers of recreation program scholarships are available, based on need as determined by the City:
- Tier 1: 90% discount on program fees for qualifying applicants at 30% Area Median Income (AMI) or lower
- Tier 2: 70% discount on program fees for qualifying applicants at 50% AMI or
- Tier 3: 50% discount on program fees for qualifying applicants at 80% AMI.
How to Apply
To apply, complete an application and return it to the Issaquah Parks and Community Services Department via email or by mail to P.O. Box 1307, Issaquah WA 98027-1307.
Applications are available:
- Online (PDF)
- At the Issaquah Community Center front desk
- Via mail by calling 425-837-3300