March 18, 2023
Issaquah Community Center
301 Rainier Blvd S
Issaquah, WA 98027
Youth Advisory Board: State of Mind
Saturday, March 18, 2023
Presented by the Issaquah Youth Advisory Board (YAB). All teens in the Issaquah School District are invited to attend.
The event will have three sessions:
- School Stress and Healthy Coping Strategies
- Facilitated by TECH, Teens Encouraging Community Health, a local organization of youth teaching the community public health issues
- Teen Substance Abuse
- Facilitated by Jerry Blackburn, who has a masters of education, and is a substance use disorder professional. He also works with Empower Youth Network.
- Mindfulness and Emotional Wellbeing
- Facilitated by Kim Armstrong, who has a masters in youth and adolescent psychology, is a certified meditation and yoga teacher, and is a co-founder of the organization Space Between
At the end of each session, there will be a 5 minute period for questions.
YAB Shared the Following about the Event:
By doing this event, we help reduce mental help stigma, increase awareness about mental illness, and make help more accessible to individuals. This event is a great opportunity for teens to learn about a problem that is not only affecting the community, but the whole nation. Also, participants will get to learn about recognizing mental health illnesses to get help for themselves and for their friends and loved ones. To all teens interested in leadership, health, and wellness will find this event an amazing opportunity to learn about an issue that is affecting people nationwide.