As part of Fire Prevention Week, Eastside Fire & Rescue will host open houses from 10 a.m.-noon Oct. 11, 2014.
Firefighters will offer tours of Issaquah fire stations, a chance to see equipment and vehicles up close, and answer questions about services.
In addition, brochures and items for children will be available to visitors.
The national theme for the 2014 Fire Prevention Week is Smoke Alarms Save Lives: Test Monthly. EFR encourages residents to do the following:
• Install smoke alarms on each level of your home (in hallways and near stairways)
• Install smoke alarms in each bedroom
• Test the smoke alarm monthly
• Change smoke alarm batteries at least annually
• Create, share and practice a home family escape plan at least annually
• Have at least two ways out when an alarm sounds