If we have a severe winter storm, it will likely cause disruptions to transit services.
Prepare now by learning about alternative options and safety tips by reviewing our checklist:
Before Winter Weather
• Sign up for transit alerts from King County Metro Transit and Sound Transit.
• Know other transit options or bus routes that would work for you if your regular service is delayed or rerouted.
• Have a backup plan. Find out if you can work from home or change your schedule in an emergency.
During and After the Storm
• Check weather reports before you travel.
• Check Metro Transit and Sound Transit rider alerts. Or call Sound Transit at 888-889-6368.
• For road conditions, check City of Issaquah and other local traffic cameras.
• Give yourself plenty of time to get to your bus stop or transit center. Please dress warmly and be prepared to wait, as there will likely be service delays.
• When streets are slick, wait for buses on flat portions of the street. If your stop is on a hill, walk to the bottom of the hill where the operator can safely stop.
• Remember that Metro’s Trip Planner and tracker programs (such as OneBusAway) do not account for service revisions, such as rerouting, delays or cancellations.
• Keep in mind your bus may not pull all the way to the curb, to avoid getting stuck.