Learn to create a beautiful, healthy landscape — all while using water efficiently.
Whether you're a first-time gardener or a green thumb looking to learn new techniques, Cascade Gardener offers a free class for you.
Through April 2016, free classes will be taught by a team of expert gardening professionals on a wide range of topics, including:
- Drought-tolerant gardening
- Food gardening
- Drip-irrigation basics
- Sustainable landscaping
- Designing Northwest gardens
- Gardening for wildlife
To see a full schedule and register, go to cascadewater.org/classes or call 1-800-838-3006. The lineup includes six classes in Issaquah:
- Feb. 20: Secrets of Companion Planting in Your Edible Garden, Squak Mt. Nursery & Greenhouses
- Feb. 25: Weed Wars — While Still Playing Fair with Mother Nature, Issaquah City Hall
- March 3: Designing Your Own Northwest Paradise, Blakely Hall
- March 10: Perma-what? Garden Design for Sustainable Landscapes, Issaquah Depot Museum
- March 12: Favorite Northwest Natives, Squak Mt. Nursery & Greenhouses
- April 7: Sustainable Veggie Gardening, Blakely Hall
Cascade Gardener is provided by the City of Issaquah, in conjunction with Cascade Water Alliance and its other member organizations.