Nominate outstanding citizens to the Issaquah Hall of Fame, a top honor for making a lasting contribution to our community.
The City of Issaquah is accepting nominations for its 2013 Issaquah Hall of Fame winner.
Each spring, the Mayor and City Council President select a person to honor for making a difference in our community.
Each nominee's contribution to the community will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
• Service • Leadership
• Civic-Mindedness • Activity in drawing positive attention to the community
• Fund-raising efforts for the public good • Length of service to the community
Previous Hall of Fame recipients include notable contributors to the Issaquah community:
• 1987: Ernie Neuman / Bob Catterall
• 1988: Harriet Fish• 1989: Marvin Mohl / Rev. Bob Gray
• 1990: Norm Anderson / H. Manning• 1991: Ruth Kees
• 1992: John Whitaker• 1993: Suzanne Suther
• 1994: Tommie Troutman• 1995: Dorothy Knitter
• 1996: Cheri Meier (Tourangeau)• 1997: Ted Cook Jr.
• 1998: Ed Squifflet• 1999: Rod Anderson
• 2000: Karen Ridlon• 2001: David Harris
• 2002: Rose Finnegan• 2003: Donny Robertson / Robin Kelley
• 2004: Marty Budzius• 2005: Linda Ruehle / Leo Finnegan
• 2006: John Williams• 2007: Greg Spranger
• 2008: Skip Rowley• 2009: Judd Kirk / Barbara Justice
• 2010: Leon Kos• 2011: José Angel Enciso
• 2012: Barbara de Michele / Master Sgt. Richard “Top” DeMarco
The award will be presented to the recipient May 30, 2013, at Issaquah’s 34th Annual Community Awards Event sponsored by the Greater Issaquah Chamber of Commerce.
To submit a nomination, email or send the nominee's name and a brief summary of his or her contributions to the community to: Office of the Mayor, P.O. Box 1307, Issaquah, WA 98027-1307.
The nominations must be received by 5 p.m. Friday, May 10, 2013. In selecting the 2013 recipient, the Mayor and Council President will consider all recommendations that are submitted.
For more information, call 425-837-3020 or email us.