On Election Day – Nov. 5, 2013 – the office of mayor and four City Council positions will go before voters.
In the meantime, residents interested in running for one of the open positions need to file the appropriate documents with King County Elections. The candidate filing period opens at 8:30 a.m. Monday, May 13, 2013, and closes at 4:30 p.m. Friday, May 17, 2013.
To file for a City office, you must be a registered King County voter within the City of Issaquah. City offices are nonpartisan.
Candidates can file in person at King County Elections, 919 S.W. Grady Way, Renton; by mail or online. To file online, you will need the following information:
• Your registered first and last name
• Your registered date of birth• Your registered address
• Your campaign contact information• Valid email address
• Valid phone number• Valid credit card or checking account information
Filings made by mail must be received by the elections office no later than 4:30 p.m. Friday, May 17, 2013, regardless of the postmark.
In the City of Issaquah, the office of mayor and four City Council positions are open for the November 2013 general election.
If three or more candidates file to run for the same post, then a primary election will be held on Aug. 6, 2013, for voters to select the top two candidates.
The open positions include:
• City Council Position 1: Joe Forkner, incumbent
• City Council Position 3: Eileen Barber, incumbent• City Council Position 5: Stacy Goodman, incumbent
• City Council Position 7: Tola Marts, incumbent• Mayor: Ava Frisinger, incumbent
The positions are for four-year terms. Most candidates elected this fall will take office in January 2014.
The candidate elected to City Council Position 1, however, will take office once the election results are certified in November, because Councilmember Joe Forkner was appointed to fill a vacancy earlier this year.
The council salary is $700 per month ($8,400 per year) and the mayoral salary is $8,679 per month ($104,148 per year).
In addition to City offices, voters can learn more about open Issaquah School District and King County offices from King County Elections.