You're invited as ParentWiser, the parent education committee of the Issaquah PTSA Council, brings John O'Sullivan, author of "Changing the Game," to our community.
Conventional wisdom holds that youth sports are a positive experience for our children, yet 70 percent of children drop out of organized athletics by age 13.
Youth sports have become an ultra-competitive, adult-centered enterprise that has taken the "play" out of "play ball" for far too many kids, but we can change that.
In O'Sullivan's "Creating a High Performing Mindset in Our Kids" talk, you will learn:
- How to keep your kids in sports
- How to give your child a competitive edge
- To push and praise your kids to perform well
- Three ways to change your kids’ sports experience for the better
- How to motivate your kids to take ownership for sports
- How to help, and not hinder, their performance through the things you say and do
The event is 6:30 p.m. Feb. 27, 2017, at Issaquah High School, 700 Second Ave. S.E.
The event free for all PTA/PTSA members of Issaquah schools. For non-members, a $10 donation at the door is requested. Reserve your seat online.