Earth Day is also Keep Issaquah Beautiful Day.
Volunteer with the Downtown Issaquah Association to help clean up several locations throughout our community.
The event is from 9 a.m.-noon April 22, 2017.
If you can pick up litter, push a broom, swing a shovel or plant flowers, your help is needed. Volunteers will work at the following locations:
- Olde Town (Pedestrian Park, Issaquah Depot Museum, Veterans Memorial Field, Issaquah Salmon Hatchery, Issaquah Food & Clothing Bank, Rainier Trail)
- Front Street South (Sunset Way to Second Avenue Southeast)
- Northwest Gilman Boulevard (State Route 900 to Front Street North)
- SR 900 (walkways between Newport Way and Gilman Boulevard)
- Newport Way (SR 900 to Front Street South)
- North of Interstate 90 (near Exit 15, Northwest Sammamish Road and Southeast 56th Street)
Flexible schedules are available, as well as jobs for all ages and abilities. Sign-up is available online
Volunteers should meet at the historic Hailstone Feed Store, 232 Front St. N., at 9 a.m. to check in. Project instructions, tools, snacks and lunch are provided for volunteers.
Questions? Contact Brenda DeVore via email
or at 425-391-1112.