Join us as we venture out on a variety of exciting adventures! Meet new people and experience some of the best outings our area has to offer.
Sign up for trips at the Issaquah Senior Center front desk, 75 N.E. Creek Way.
Washington Park Arboretum
- 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. June 6
- Transportation fee and tram ride: $20
- Trip is limited to 12 participants
- Washington Park Arboretum is a gem on the shores of Lake Washington. Jointly managed by the University of Washington Botanic Gardens and the City of Seattle, its 230 acres are a dynamic assortment of plants — some found nowhere else in the Northwest. Participants will take a private tram
ride through the arboretum to discover this living collection of plants from around the world. Enjoy lunch at The Essential Baking Co. Café.
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. June 15
- Transportation fee: $7
- Come join us for lunch at a casual American eatery serving three meals a day, with a storied past and baked goods from a historic oven. Please bring money for lunch.
Pierce College Science Dome
- 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. June 21
- Transportation fee: $18
- Admission: $6
- Pierce College Science Dome is a 58-seat digital planetarium, the only one of its kind in the South Puget Sound region. This immersive and interactive facility has a 38-foot, dome-shaped screen that allows visitors to view the night sky from anywhere in the known universe, be immersed in an alien environment with breathtaking full-dome images, explore the Egyptian pyramids and so much more! Enjoy lunch at Black Angus Steakhouse.
- 10 a.m.-3 p.m. June 27
- Transportation fee: $15
- Admission: Free with Gold Pass
- The region’s premier resource for hands-on marine experiences and conservation education, the Seattle Aquarium offers fun, exciting ways to discover more about the amazing Puget Sound and our world's one big ocean. Enjoy lunch at The Fisherman's Restaurant.
When embarking on a trip with us, remember a few tips:
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the trip departs.
- Please register at least two days in advance.
- Please note: Vans are not wheelchair-accessible.
- Trip participants must ride with the group both ways.
- Participants who need special care are required to bring a chaperone.
- Trips must have a minimum of five participants to operate.
With all trips, please bring money for both lunch and admission, which will be paid at the destination.
A transportation fee is required at the time of registration. Fees are based on staff time, mileage and parking.
We are unable to refund transportation fees less than $10. Fees more than $10 will be subject to a $10 withdrawal fee.
In the event of a cancellation, transportation fees may be applied to other trips five business days or more prior to the scheduled trip.