newest road is now open!
made a major improvement to its northern road network by extending
Southeast 62nd Street between 221st Place and Lake Drive (see project map
- Added two roundabouts where 62nd Street intersects 221st Place and Lake Drive. Widens Southeast 62nd Street between East Lake Sammamish Parkway Southeast and 221st Place Southeast.
- Added new sidewalks, bike lanes, curbs and gutters, curb ramps and street lights.
- Made upgrades along the East Lake Sammamish Trail so that users will no longer have to stop, or interact, with vehicles at Southeast 62nd Street.
- Made improvements to Pickering Trail.
- Preserved close to six acres of property between the north fork and main stem of Issaquah Creek, which were previously zoned for multi-family development.
- Constructed two acres of wetland. Made enhancements to the North Fork of Issaquah Creek.
have also re-opened Fourth Avenue Northwest (also called the Interstate 90
capital project – the largest in
Issaquah’s history – started in March 2017, and included raising the elevation
of the roadway/intersection at Fourth Avenue Northwest and 221st Place Southeast,
as well as addressing complex soil situations onsite.
project was funded by Costco Wholesale Corporation, Washington State
Transportation Improvement Board, Washington State Department of Commerce and
the City of Issaquah.
For more information visit the 62nd street project webpage