We work throughout the year to protect waterways and reduce the
discharge of pollutants into the stormwater system.
Information about these
efforts is collected in the draft Stormwater Management Program Plan report
, a document created to educate the public about stormwater
pollution, outline steps to reduce harmful discharges and limit runoff in environmentally
is available for public comment through March
27, 2019. Under a municipal stormwater permit for Western Washington, the City
of Issaquah is authorized to discharge stormwater into "waters of the
state," including Issaquah Creek and Lake Sammamish, if the city takes
action to prevent stormwater pollution.
The permit requires the City of
Issaquah to create and implement a Stormwater Management Program, which outlines our plan to develop
- Public education and outreach
- Public involvement and participation
- Illicit discharge detection and elimination
- Controlling stormwater runoff from construction sites
- Operations and maintenance of stormwater facilities after construction
Contact us via email
questions or comments about the draft report.