WHAT: Seeking artwork for traffic signal control box wraps.
WHO: Professional, amateur and student artists residing in King County.
DEADLINE: Submissions must be received by Thursday, August 1, 2019.
COMPENSATION: $250 for each selected design.
In 2015, the City of Issaquah Arts Commission began a traffic utility box wrap program as part of its public art program – adding unique opportunities for public art in the streetscape. Traffic signal boxes were wrapped by TrafficWrapz
, using original artwork by local artists. More wraps were added in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
The Arts Commission now is seeking artwork to create additional wraps to be installed Summer/Fall 2019. Professional, amateur and student artists are encouraged to apply. Use of pre-existing artwork is encouraged (rather than creating something specifically for this opportunity.)
Scope of Work and Compensation:
Artists will receive $250 for a one-time, specific use of each of their artwork designs that are selected.
Use of pre-existing artwork is encouraged (rather than creating something specifically for this opportunity).The artist is not responsible for fabrication or installation.
Wraps will be installed in 2019 and may be removed at any time at the discretion of the City. The estimated life of the wrap is 5-7 years.
Submit the following materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
, no later than 5 p.m. on August 1, 2019:
- ?Artist contact information and description of artwork(s).
- ?Electronic file of artwork(s) – Please send in a size and format that is appropriate for emailing. If the artwork is selected, a higher resolution file will be requested at a later date.
- August 1, 2019 – Deadline for responses to call for art (by 5 p.m., submitted to email@example.com).
- August/September 2019 – Panel review of submissions; art selection; notification to artists.
- Late Summer/Early Fall 2019 – art installation.
All applicants will receive notification upon application submittal and once artworks have been selected.