King County Housing Authority will accept applications for potential placement on its Section 8 waiting list starting Feb. 12 through Feb. 25.
The application process is online only at kcha.org/lottery.
Applying is free. Anyone charging you money, asking for your personal information, or guaranteeing placement on the waiting list is not legitimate. If you see this, please contact our Fraud Department at (206) 214-1353 to let us know. Apply only through the link provided at kcha.org/lottery.
Applications will be chosen randomly by computer when the application period ends. The chances of being selected for the waitlist are the same no matter when you submit your application. There is no advantage to submitting an application on the first day.
Only one application per household will be accepted.
- Your head of household is 18 or older,
- Your household contains at least one of the following: a person who is disabled, a person who is 62 or older, or a child under the age of 18
- Household is low-income
- Household either:
- has an income less than 30% of the area median income;
- is homeless;
- lives in substandard housing; or
- pays more than 50% of its income for rent and utilities.
- Generally, the household cannot currently live in government subsidized housing