Parks and Community Services staff are excited to announce that the pool will reopen on July 6 for lap swim and water walking through lane reservations. Other programs like recreational swimming will return at a later phase of Washington’s reopening plan.
You cannot enter the pool if:
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19 (have not recovered or are still within the required 14-day quarantine)
- Have had a fever within the past 3 days (72 hours) without the use of fever-reducing medications
- Have had respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath) within the past 3 days (72 hours)
- Started having symptoms within the past 10 days and have had contact with a person that has or is suspected to have COVID-19 (within the last 14 days).
Reserve your lane online.
If you do not have an account with Parks and Community Services, you can create one for no charge. You do not have to pay when you reserve the lane, only when you arrive at the pool. You can use your pass or pay our usual drop-in rate. You can reserve a lane in either the lap pool or shallow end for one hour.
When you reserve your lane or enter the facility, you are agreeing to the following conditions.
- You must wear a face covering when you are not in the pool.
- You must always maintain six feet of distance between yourself and others.
- You must wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when you enter the building.
- You must bring your own towel to the facility. We can no longer loan you a towel.
- There is still equipment available to use. However, once you have finished using it, please put it in the “Dirty” bin on the pool deck so that we can sanitize it for the next user.
- If you would like to use a pair of fins or a lifejacket, please contact the lifeguard and we will get what you need.
- We ask that you bring your own water bottle and use the refilling station instead of drinking from the fountain.
We are excited to see you back at the pool!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Aquatics team.