What is Project Ignite? Eastside Fire & Rescue is normally extinguishing fires; however, this is one we want to burn bright! Project Ignite is a community art project designed to spread kindness and joy. Community members routinely unite to celebrate joyous events, as well as support one another during difficult times. Project Ignite is a call to come together, to be with fellow community members, to lift one another up.
By bringing people together with a common goal, spreading kindness and joy, it can bridge, bond and connect one another. We truly are stronger together.
How does it work? Art is an individual experience, one that can comfort you, provoke you and sometimes challenge you. Art can spark a sense of ownership and pride within the community. When an individual’s contribution joins with others’, a masterpiece is created.
The art will be collected and displayed within the community. We will focus on staking them into the ground in high traffic areas so kindness can be spread far and wide.
How can I participate? This is where the fun starts!
- Cardboard, poster board, card stock paper
- Paint, crayons, sharpies, etc.
- Share pictures and/or words of kindness, gratitude, or something you love about your community.
- Adhere to yard stands or wire/wooden stakes with command strip or staples.
- Create as many as you are inspired to make!
- Optional: Sign your masterpiece.
Are there rules of what I can draw? Artwork must be suitable for public viewing. No nudity, violence, discriminatory, inappropriate words or symbols may appear within the artwork to be posted. Artwork submitted releases rights to all copyrights, claims, rights or privileges. EF&R assumes no liability for artwork submitted.
I want to participate but do not have an artistic bone in my body. Artistic bones not required! Art is about exploration and expressing yourself. Create what is meaningful to you.
I do not have art supplies; can I still participate? Absolutely! Please email email@example.com and a representative will assist.
What should I do with my poster once finished? You have options:
- Hang it in your window or in your yard.
- Drop it off at the nearest Fire Station. In observance of COVID-19 protocols, ring the doorbell and leave your artwork for a crew member.
- Transportation difficulties? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a pickup.
- Take a picture and share on social media using #projectignite. Tag @EastsideFire (Twitter) and @eastsidefirerescue (Facebook)
Is there a deadline? Nope! Feel free to keep the art going for as long as you feel inspired.
Thank you for participating and donating your artwork to the community! Have questions? Contact email@example.com.