Due to current and projected vacancies, the City is looking to recruit qualified community members to serve on the Planning Policy Commission.
Created in 1983, this commission serves as a policy advisory body to the Mayor and provides guidance and direction for Issaquah's future growth through continued review and improvement to the City's Comprehensive Land Use Plan and related land use documents.
- Must have interest in environmental affairs, planning, land use and residential and commercial development as evidenced by training, experience or actions.
- City residency is preferred, but not required; provided, that a nonresident member can demonstrate an affiliation with the City through residency in a Potential Annexation Area (PAA) or through the ownership or operation of a business located within the City.
- 1 Regular seat expiring April 30, 2023
- 1 Regular seat expiring April 30, 2022
- 1 Alternate seat expiring April 30, 2022
Current meeting schedule, unless otherwise noticed:
- Virtual/remote format -- until in person meetings are allowed
- 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Thursday of each month
Applications are due by 5 p.m. on Oct. 30, 2020. To apply, go to issaquahwa.gov/apply.
Questions? Contact the City Clerk’s Office via email or at 425-837-3000.