The City Council's Feb. 23 Study Session agenda includes:
- Presentation on City wildfire strategy. Staff is asking City Council for feedback on current strategies and any additional short or long term initiatives.
- Several presentations and updates on Police Accountability, Equity and Human Services Action Plan.
- General update on implementation of plan.
- Discussion on Police Department operations and budget update. There are still many police reform initiatives being considered by Washington State Legislature, so administration is recommending that we wait on some initiatives until those bills have been fully considered. Administration is recommending not moving forward with consideration of body cameras at this time so that we can focus instead on other initiatives and have in place potentially new community boards that may want to weigh in on subject.
- Discussion of next steps in renewing School Resource Officer interlocal agreement with Issaquah School District. Administration is recommending a joint community meeting with District to discuss matter before consideration by City Council in May.
- Discussion of community feedback received on potential community equity commission. Administration is proposing to continue to move forward with organization of new commission and looking for feedback from City Council at this point in discussions.
- Discussion of additional City Council equity trainings for 2021.
Learn more in the agenda packet.