Thanks to the American Rescue Plan Act, the City of Issaquah anticipates it will receive $8.6 million in federal funds that must be spent through 2024. Under the act, cities are authorized to use federal funds to:
- Respond to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Cover costs incurred as a result of the public health emergency
- Replace lost, delayed or decreased revenues due to COVID-19
- Address the negative economic impacts of the pandemic
- Make necessary investments in water, sewer and broadband infrastructure
During its April 6 virtual meeting, the Issaquah Recovery Task Force will discuss guiding principles to help inform how our City spends these funds. We want to hear from you! Please join us, or send me an email.
There will be more opportunities to stay engaged in the months to come. Subscribe to updates online under the “Community” category.