A safety reminder from the Issaquah Police Department:
Distracted driving is any activity that diverts attention from driving, including texting, eating, or adjusting the navigation/entertainment system in the car.
You can use your cell phone in the care ONLY if you are:
- Hands-free and can start use by a single touch or swipe of your finger
- Parked or out-of-the flow of traffic
- Contacting emergency services
The Issaquah Police Department invites you to take the Pledge to End Distracted Driving.
I pledge today, not only to myself but to those I can about, that I will:
- Keep my eyes on the road
- Keep my hands on the wheel
- Keep my mind on driving
- Speak out if the driver in my car is distracted