With forecasted record temperatures of over 100 degrees expected this weekend, the City of Issaquah is opening a cooling center at the Issaquah Community Center this coming Saturday, June 26, and Sunday, June 27, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Please spread the word to those who may need a cool place in the upcoming days.
Address: 301 Rainier Blvd S, Issaquah, WA 98027
Phone: (425) 837-3300
Hours: 8:00 am – 8:00 pm Saturday 6/26/21 – Sunday 06/27/21
Please stay safe and check on your neighbors, relatives, and those vulnerable to extreme temperatures.
To Reduce or Prevent the onset of Heat Illnesses:
- Drink plenty of water – recommended amount is 1 cup per 15 minutes or 1 quart per hour.
- Know the signs/symptoms of heat-related illness (listed below); monitor yourself and co-workers.
- Block out direct sun or other heat sources.
- Use cooling fans/air conditioning, rest regularly.
- Wear lightweight, light colored, loose fitting clothes.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeinated drinks or heavy meals.