On Monday, July 26 from 7–9 p.m., the Park Board will receive an update on the Hillside Park Play Area project. This Park Board special meeting will be held on-site at Hillside Park, as the project is the main topic on the Park Board Agenda that evening. The meeting is open to the public, and you are welcome to join us. If you do plan to attend, please bring a lawn chair to sit in.
The Hillside Park project update includes:
- Community feedback (from the June 10 Community Meeting (virtual) and the June 23 On-site Open House) regarding two primary options available for us to pursue in regard to the wetland:
- Keep the wetland and buffer as-is
- Retain field and conduct wetland mitigation (relocation and/or enhancement) and improve the field drainage
- Park Board discussion as to which of the two options above they may prefer that the city pursues
- Potential next steps, including upcoming community engagement on play area options, permitting process and project timing.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, minutes will be posted to the Hillside Park project webpage.