The City of Issaquah seeks proposals for arts and cultural projects and programs to benefit the Issaquah community in 2022.
The Issaquah arts grant program provides support for arts and cultural programs that are accessible to Issaquah residents and visitors throughout the year. The arts grant program supports projects that: cultivate a creative community and a vibrant arts scene; provide an encouraging environment for participants of all ages and abilities; support local arts and cultural organizations and artists; celebrate the community’s cultural diversity.
Due to limited funding, grant requests in the $1,000 to $5,000 range are most appropriate.
Link to online application
The 2022 Arts Grant Program will be administered in two separate application rounds. This call for applications represents ROUND ONE.
- May 12, 2022: Application Released
- June 17, 2022: Applications Due
- July/August 2022: Application Recommendations at City Council
(1) Public benefit: project includes meaningful efforts to create community participation in arts and culture and reach diverse audiences in Issaquah.
(2) Artistic value: project is well-conceived, compelling, has art as the primary component and promotes meaningful arts participation and involvement.
(3) Feasibility and managerial capacity: the applicant has demonstrated ability to produce the program and capacity to manage grant funds. The project has a clear and realistic budget. There is evidence of community involvement and support of the project. In addition, plans are feasible given the current restrictions created by COVID-19 and adhere to the “Healthy Washington Road Map to Recovery” guidelines.
(4) Diversity of funding sources and leverage of grant funds: the project has additional support from grants, donors, and/or volunteers and in-kind donations.
Questions? Ideas? Need help?
We are here to help with your application and happy to talk through your proposal, especially in these unusual times. Contact Arts Program Administrator Amy Dukes at email@example.com