The City of Issaquah is hiring its next Police Chief! Following a nationwide recruitment, Issaquah extended interviews to three top finalists from a strong pool of candidates.
Interviews will take place May 26, and will include members of the City Council, City staff, regional peers and community members.
Updates on the recruitment process will be provided in early June.
The community’s priorities for the next chief include someone who:
• Has experience implementing 21st century policing principles (community-oriented policing, crisis intervention and de-escalation, tech savvy)
• Is trustworthy, honest and forthright
• Holds officers accountable to policies and high professional standards
• Listens and incorporates community concerns into police operations
• Seeks solutions to the underlying causes of criminal activity (such as poverty, mental health, etc.)
View the full community survey results, which will help inform the City’s recruitment, and be used in the selection process. Thank you to the more than 250 community members who provided thoughtful feedback.