Following a nationwide recruitment, and competitive interview process, Mayor Pauly announced her selection of Paula Schwan – our current Interim Chief – as the next
Issaquah Police Chief, pending City Council confirmation June 21. More information to come in the following weeks.
The community’s priorities for the next chief include someone who:
- Has experience implementing 21st century policing principles (community-oriented policing, crisis intervention and de-escalation, tech savvy)
- Is trustworthy, honest and forthright
- Holds officers accountable to policies and high professional standards
- Listens and incorporates community concerns into police operations
- Seeks solutions to the underlying causes of criminal activity (such as poverty, mental health, etc.)
View the full community survey results, which will helped inform the City’s recruitment. Thank you to the more than 250 community members who provided thoughtful feedback.