Everyone ages, you don’t have to do it alone. Aging in place is possible with some of the services provided to older adults in Issaquah!
At-Home Care Services:
- Full Life Care - Support for adults of all ages with chronic illness and physical disabilities.
- Aging in King County - Agency with contracted providers for older adults.
- Eastside Friends of Seniors - Volunteer-Based Support for Eastside seniors age 60+ helping with shopping and errands, home and yard chores, medical appointment transportation and more.
- Papa Pal Companion Care - Offer light cleaning, yard work, meal prep, organizing, pet help and more. Accepted by most insurances.
Companionship and Social Supports:
- Old Friends Club - Each Club is a place of friendship and belonging for those living with dementia, where they share life together through conversation, art, games, exercise, and a meal. While they enjoy the Club, caregivers have reliable respite – practical chunks of time to recharge and tend to other needs.
- Elder Friends - Companion visits, holiday events, and social gatherings for seniors age 60+.
- GenPride - Resources for LGBTQI+ Aging.
- Papa Pal Companion Care - Offers companionship services. Accepted by most insurances.
- Issaquah Senior Center - Provides every senior with a welcoming place to socialize and access resources.
Culture-Specific Supportive Services:
- Indian American Community Services - Services for aging Asian Indian, 55+ with weekly social and physical activities.
- Chinese Information and Service Center - Support for Chinese and Eastern European senior offering short-term support and crisis intervention to help low-income older adults and adults with disabilities with no/low English literacy to access crucial services.
- Asian Counseling and Referral Services - Services for Asian and Pacific Islanders, 55+ create opportunities to engage in social and physical activities, offer nutritious meals and assist with accessing supportive services.
Mobility and Transportation Services:
- Hopelink Mobility Management - Hopelink service to facilitate access to needs.
- Eastside Friends of Seniors - Volunteer-based transportation service for 60+.
- Sound Generations - Various services to provide rides to appointments, senior centers, errands, and meal programs.
- Papa Pal Companion Care - Sign up for transportation services. Accepted by most insurances.
- Cyber Seniors - Technology Help for Seniors. Classes on how to use apps, devices, and online services.
JOIN THE SENIOR CENTER NEWSLETTER!
Monthly newsletter and lunch menu which can be found at our website https://www.issaquahwa.gov/Seniors. On the blue bar to the left click on Monthly Newsletter to find our current and past newsletter. At the bottom of the blue bar, we have our monthly lunch menu.