The East Lake Sammamish Parkway and SE 43rd Way Roundabout will be closed from the evening of August 26 until the morning of August 28 for striping of the intersection and repairing damaged concrete. This is the final closure of the roundabout.
This is a part of the East Lake Sammamish Parkway and SE 43rd Way Roundabout Revisions Project. A detour through the City of Sammamish will be in place.
The closure is scheduled for the weekend of August 26-28. The closure will begin on Friday, August 26 at approximately 7 p.m. The roundabout is scheduled to open by 9 a.m. on Sunday, August 28.
This project will revise the roundabout to improve safety and mobility for all users. Improvements will include:
- New curb alignments and lane configurations - to reduce traffic speeds through the roundabout
- Paved approach islands – to reduce maintenance efforts and damage occurring within these islands
- Permanent removal of the southbound bypass lane on East Lake Sammamish Parkway and conversion to landscaping – to reduce vehicle merging conflicts
- Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons (RFFBs) installed at each crosswalk – to improve pedestrian visibility and awareness
- Radar Speed Signs - to reinforce the recommended 15-mph speed through the roundabout.
- New pavement and striping
Later this fall, City crews will install radar speed signs, rapid flashing beacons and plant shrubs as the weather cools. Landscapers are currently planting trees.
Hours and Impact
Normal work hours will be Monday-Friday, from 7 a.m.-6 p.m., and will require some single lane closures. You should expect minor traffic delays during working hours. Please be aware of workers near the roadway.
Residents can expect some noise impacts such as engine noise, reverse beepers, and general machinery, as well as flashing lights at night during these closures. Thank you for your understanding.
If you have questions or concerns with this project, please contact Matt Ellis, Utility Engineering Manager, (425) 837-3410