Did you know that Recology offers two types of wildlife-resistant carts for residential, commercial and multi-family Issaquah customers?
Both types are designed to resist bears and other wildlife, but neither is “bear-proof.” Removing temptation is the best way to keep bears and other animals away from your home, family, and neighbors. Put your cart out on the morning of service, not the night before, and store it inside so that animals cannot get to it.
To request a wildlife-resistant cart, contact Recology, 425-837-1234.
Smart Bear Tips
Below are some bear smart tips that the state recommends you follow, whether you have standard carts or wildlife-resistant carts.
- Set out your carts on the day of pick up by 7 a.m., do not set them out the night before.
- Store your carts in a sturdy shed or your garage until your collection day. Store empty carts inside as well.
- Keep fresh meat, fish and other smelly scraps out of your trash or compost cart until your collection day. Wrap them up and store them in the refrigerator or freezer until you put your carts out for collection.
- Control your cart’s odor by spraying it with disinfectant when necessary.
- More extensive information on living with black bears and preventing conflicts is available online.