City Council members will review an agenda bill on authorization of the 2022 amendments to the Comprehensive Plan and Zoning Map at the City Council meeting tonight, Nov. 21, 2022.
Three amendment requests are being considered:
- Newport Area
- .41 acres of land was acquired to serve as part of the park dedication in 2019. It was included in a lot line adjustment in 2019 that incorporated it back into a larger 15.55 acre parcel owned by Anthology, and was unintentionally rezoned as part of the 2021 Comprehensive Plan amendments to Community Facilities-Recreation.
- Request from the Administration to change the zoning designation from Community Facilities-Recreation to Village Residential and change the land use designation from Community Facilities to Multifamily Residential.
- Wildwood Parcel
- Four-acre parcel located on Wildwood Boulevard SW just south of Newport Way SW.
- The property owner is requesting a zone change from Single Family-Small Lot to Multifamily-Medium and a land use change from Low Density Residential to Multifamily Residential.
- Our Savior Lutheran Church
- Contains a church and a single family house.
- Currently zoned Single Family-Small Lot and has a Low Density Residential land use designation. The applicant is requesting a zone change to Multifamily-High and a Multifamily Residential land use designation.
The Planning Policy Commission (PPC) met in September and October 2022 to review the amendment requests. They made the following recommendations:
|Amendment Requests||PPC Recommendation||Notes|
|Wildwood||Do not approve||The site does not meet Criteria #4, shared concerns about Criteria #3 (from the Land Use Code, 18.04 Procedures)|
|Our Savior Lutheran Church||Do not approve||Recommend that the applicant “engage with City Council in discussions on a Development Agreement"|
The Planning, Development, and Environment Committee also met to review the amendment requests. They made the following recommendations:
|Amendment Requests||Planning, Development, and Environment Committee Recommendation||Notes|
|Wildwood||Do not approve||The site does not meet Criteria #4 (from the Land Use Code, 18.04 Procedures) |
|Our Savior Lutheran Church||Approve|
The Administration recommends the City Council adopt the three proposed ordinances:
- An ordinance approving the Newport Area rezone/redesignation
- An ordinance approving the Our Savior Lutheran Church rezone/redesignation
- An ordinance not approving the Wildwood rezone/redesignation as recommended by the Planning, Development & Environment Committee.
Alternative options for City Council:
- Do not approve the Newport Way request
- Do not approve the Our Savior Lutheran Church request
- Approve the Wildwood request
Share Your Thoughts, Attend the Meeting
Attend the Nov. 21 City Council meeting.
Review agenda bill documents