Please be advised of two upcoming traffic impacts on East Sunset Way on Feb 15-16.
East Sunset Way Near 6th Ave NE in Olde Town
- Impacts on Wednesday, Feb. 15: 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Traffic on a portion of East Sunset Way (west of 5th Ave NE and east of 6th Ave NE) will be restricted to alternating one-lane traffic.
- Expect delays and congestion, take alternate routes if possible.
Area Surrounding I-90, near Exit 18
- Impacts on Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 9 p.m. through Thursday, Feb. 16 at 5 a.m.
- The eastbound right lane (that goes up towards Highlands Drive NE) will be closed, with alternating one-way traffic. The lighted signals will be out, and uniformed police officers will direct traffic.
- There will be scheduled power system outage that will impact the traffic signals at:
- Interstate 90 on- and off-ramp
- Highlands Drive NE/E Sunset Way
Note that the two projects will NOT be occurring at the same time. Puget Sound Energy and partners will be replacing utility poles and performing other needed upgrades.
Please contact Michael Nelson, 425-837-3420, Community Planning & Development – Construction Inspector, with any questions.