The City of Issaquah seeks proposals for arts and cultural projects and programs to benefit the Issaquah community in 2024. Issaquah Arts Grants support projects and programs that benefit Issaquah residents and visitors by cultivating a creative and vibrant arts community; providing meaningful arts engagement opportunities for all ages and abilities; supporting local arts and cultural organizations and artists; and celebrating the community’s cultural diversity.
Link to online application
- Monday, October 16, 2023: Applications released
- Thursday, November 30, 2023 at 5 p.m.: Applications due
- January 2024: Funding Recommendations at City Council
- Public Benefit: Project/program includes meaningful efforts to create community participation in arts and culture and reach diverse audiences in Issaquah.
- Artistic Value: Project/program is well-conceived, compelling, has art as the primary component and promotes meaningful arts engagement.
- Feasibility and Managerial Capacity: The applicant has demonstrated ability to produce the project/program and capacity to manage grant funds (may be based on past management of Issaquah arts grants or other city contracts). The project/program has a clear and realistic budget. There is evidence of community involvement and support.
Projects, subjects and works that reflect Issaquah's richly diverse cultural communities are highly encouraged to apply. Additionally, the Arts Grant Program encourages creative efforts to provide virtual and digital experiences as a part of artistic projects. Documentary materials such as audio and video interviews with artists and performers, time lapse photography of an installation, music recordings, context on the creation of the work, and efforts towards recording, streaming and distributing live performances allows the City of Issaquah to provide greater access to local arts. Through these means we can include more people regardless of location or the time in which they choose to participate, and for years to come.
Questions? Ideas? Need help?
We are here to help with your application and happy to talk through your proposal. Contact Arts Program Administrator Amy Dukes at firstname.lastname@example.org.