The largest online fundraising campaign in King County is happening soon, and many organizations that work in our community and serve our residents are seeking your support.
The Seattle Foundation is hosting a day of charitable giving, called GiveBIG, until midnight May 6, 2014. To learn more and make a donation, visit seattlefoundation.org.
GiveBIG invites people to make donations to more than 1,600 nonprofit organizations, including many of the City of Issaquah’s partner organizations and groups serving our community:
• Athletes For Kids
• Bridge Disability Ministries
• Catholic Community Services of Western Washington
• Child Care Resources
• Congregations for the Homeless
• Crisis Clinic
• Eastside Baby Corner
• Eastside Friends of Seniors
• Eastside Legal Assistance Program
• Elder and Adult Day Services
• Encompass Northwest
• Freehold Theatre Lab
• Friends of the Issaquah Salmon Hatchery
• Friends of Youth
• HERO House
• Imagine Housing
• Issaquah Food & Clothing Bank
• Issaquah History Museums
• Issaquah Schools Foundation
• Kindering Center
• King County Sexual Assault Resource Center
• Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust
• NAMI Eastside
• Pediatric Interim Care Center
• Seattle Shakespeare Co.
• Senior Services
• St. Vincent de Paul of Seattle-King County
• The Sophia Way
• Village Theatre
• YWCA of Seattle-King-Snohomish
Participating nonprofit organizations include groups dedicated to arts and culture, basic needs, economy, education, environment, health and wellness, global giving, and neighborhoods and communities.
Each donation during GiveBIG receives a portion of the matching funds, or stretch pool. The amount of the stretch depends on the size of the stretch pool and how much is raised in total donations.