The City has the following recommendations on how your business can leverage Issaquah’s LEED Gold Certification, but keep in mind we are always open to supporting your creative ideas!
- Post on social media or another platform. Note how your company is proud to be located in a LEED Gold certified City and highlight sustainability practices that your company is pursuing. See template language for social media, websites, and logos you can use on page xx.
- Use the LEED certification to announce a new sustainability initiative at your business! See the examples above on different actions you can take.
- Reach out to City staff about promotional items that can help highlight LEED certification at your business.
- Support your staff as they pursue sustainability practices such as using alternative modes of transportation to get to work (but remember to always lead by example!). See the examples above on different actions you can take.
- Use the LEED certification to highlight sustainable products and efforts at local events (Farmer’s markets, Sustainability Fair, Salmon Days, etc.)
- Use the LEED certification to recruit workers and customers.
These are just some initial ideas – feel free to reach out to the City's Economic Development team if you would like to talk through any ideas!