Personalize your online experienceSign Into My Dashboard

Go To Search
Click to Home
Your GovernmentOur ResidentsFor VisitorsDoing BusinessHow Do I
Water Leak Adjustment
Have you noticed that your water bill has suddenly doubled in size? You may have a leak.

The City offers a onetime leak adjustment to your bill if you qualify. Qualification criteria and instructions on how to apply for the leak adjustment is detailed below.

Criteria for Onetime Leak Adjustment
Water service leak repair responsibility is defined by the service line. City responsibility ends where private service line begins.

The following criteria shall apply if a leak has been repaired on private property and served by the City of Issaquah water system:

  • To be eligible for a leak adjustment, the home cannot be covered by Builder Warranty. Proof of expired warranty may be required.
  • There is a two-billing-period maximum adjustment.
  • The following information shall be provided:
    • The approximate date the leak began. Utility Billing may be able to help you if the answer is not immediately known;
    • The date the leak was permanently fixed;
    • A copy of the invoice for work completed or a copy of the receipt(s) for replacement part(s);
    • Pictures may be submitted in lieu of receipt if parts are already owned;
    • Your contact information.
  • A leak adjustment is subject to approval from Public Work Operations Manager and/or Deputy Finance Director.
  • Leak adjustments are a onetime courtesy, therefore the repair must be permanent.
  • If approved, the City will adjust the account using the monthly water use average, less the wholesale cost of the water used.

How to Submit a Leak Adjustment Request
Leak adjustment paperwork may be submitted in person at the Finance Department located at 130 E Sunset Way, faxed to 425-837-3029, or mailed to: City of Issaquah, P.O. Box 1307, Issaquah WA 98027, Attn: Utility Billing.

Please contact Utility Billing staff at 425-837-3070 with any questions regarding the leak adjustment process.